Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Recent Activites

Hey friends!

I will soon be starting my second placement in a sixth grade classroom! I have observed once a week and I must say that am nervous to teach such energetic kids. I am up for a challenge so we shall see what happens. I am confident I will learn a lot about myself and how I want to teach, though.

Here are some of recent activities or cool things done in methods class!


Money puzzle! Doesn't it look cool? Would be a great "about me" first day of school activity. However, I think it would work well with any subject. 


I also learned how to color pasta/rice. I'm sure learning that will save me a lot of money someday! I don't mean that sarcastically either. People pay a lot of money for stuff you can make easily at home. All it costs is time :)

Great science experiment about blood. I will definitely use this in my classroom someday.

Cookies from Chickfila. These have nothing to do with anything. But they are my obsession. And they have gotten me through many assignments. SO. GOOD.

And....drum roll please...FLAIR PENS. My birthday present to myself. These are amazing. They have brilliant colors and do not bleed through the page.

I am pleased to say that I have learned a vast variety techniques and activities that have prepared me to be an engaging teacher. I believe that I have learned more this semester than any other time in my college career! 

More later,

Maria 





No comments:

Post a Comment